Getting My Home
You're thinking of selling your home or you already have it listed. Congratulations! When selling your home, there are a few things that you can do to make your house ready to appeal to a future buyer.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact The Gehrke Group.
10 WAYS TO GET YOUR HOME READY TO SELL
1. Get rid of clutter. Throw out or file stacks of newspapers and magazines. Pack away most of your small decorative items. Store out-of-season clothing to make closets seem roomier.
2. Clean out the garage.
3. Wash your windows and screens to let more light into the interior.
everything extra clean
5. Get rid of smells. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke and pet smells. Open the windows when appropriate.
6. Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any burnt-out bulbs.
7. Make minor
repairs that can create a bad impression, such as:
8. Tidy your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes and edge the walks. Shovel the snow during the winter.
9. Clean the gutters.
10. Polish your front doorknob and door numbers.
Reprinted from REALTOR Magazine Online by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS. Copyright 2003. All rights reserved.
The Finest Compliment We Can Receive is a
Referral From You.